As fun as it is, driving involves certain risks, and the drivers themselves have specific requirements they need to fill before they sit behind the wheel. Having car insurance is one of them.
Seeing how insuring a car can be a bit overwhelming, we have made this guide for you – a list of some great and affordable insurance companies that will help you get out on the road safely.
Most companies insure you for 6 or 12 months at a time. Furthermore, you will most likely be allowed to choose between a lump sum payment and a monthly one. If at all possible avoid the monthly one. Companies present it as the more convenient option, but in the long run, you may pay as much as a 100 dollars more in interests, as Daily Mail found,  which almost all companies incorporate in your monthly payments, basically charging you for the convenience they gave you.
Bundling Your Insurances
If you choose to ‘bundle’ or combine your insurances, you can go about it in two different ways.
One way is to bundle with someone with less risk; an experienced driver, or someone with no violations. This is the best way to save money if you’re deemed a “risky” driver. Another way is to bundle all your insurances together which often comes with a discount on quantity.
Check Your Cars’ Specs Carefully
Another factor which influences the cost of your car insurance are the features of your car. Besides the basic engine and speed checks, what you should heavily invest in when buying or modifying your car is safety features. Having additional safety such as an advanced security system or anti-lock brakes can reduce your payment significantly.
Insurance Companies With A Reputation
The safest way for you to get quality coverage is to go by reviews. We have sifted through many car insurance companies’ reports and selected the four with the best comments out there currently.
1. PROGRESSIVE – Known worldwide, the company offers a wide variety of deals suitable for any pocket. It is notable that they create an insurance plan based on what you told them in terms of the maximum amount you want to spend.
2. Liberty Mutual– With customizable policies and competitive rates, this company is among the top of the car insurance list. Notably, they offer a 12-month fee guarantee.
3. All State – A company that is concerned with consumer insurances in general. Their agents can be found in most areas of the States. They offer the largest number of discounts among our picks which can save you a lot of money in the long run when combined.
4. USAA – An insurance company for veterans and currently serving soldiers of the US Army forces and their families. It has incredibly competitive prices and various discount for first and second cars. So if you are an ex or current soldier, this might just be the company for you.
5. Express Lane Insurance – Offers some of the cheapest policies on the market, as low as 13 dollars a month. It also boasts that they cover even the riskiest drivers out there.
Like anything, it’s always a good idea to be aware of recent company reviews. We recommend comparing at least 3 or 4 options before making a decision. Online research is typically an efficient and effective way to discover all the pros and cons you need to keep in mind.